Mentor applications are closed.
Selected mentors will be announced before 6th May 2018.
The Australia China Alumni Association (ACAA) is excited to continue its Mentor Program in 2018.
The ACAA has been very fortunate to become connected with a large group of extremely successful China-based Australian university alumni who achieved extraordinary things across a variety of fields. To maximize this incredible alumni resource and to strengthen the relationships between fellow alumni, the ACAA has launched the 2018 Mentor Program for its members.
Our Mentor Program enables mentee participants to develop both professionally and personally and provides an increased level of knowledge and a more varied skill set through the sharing information and experiences with a senior industry professional.
The aims of this program are to provide a better level of support for younger Australian alumni in China throughout their various stages of career development and to build a stronger Australia-China community. Dozens of alumni have participated in our program in previous years and received valuable guidance from their mentors.
Mentoring is a UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY.
There are a number of benefits with engaging in a Mentor Program, it is not training or a social activity, it is a unique opportunity that takes a Mentee out of their day-to-day activities to plan for the future and strategize how their career goals can be achieved.
In order to improve the involvement of both mentors and mentees over a three-month period, the Mentor Program will commence in June and conclude in September.
To be a Mentor, you must:
- Be an Australian university alumni.
- Be experienced in your chosen field, and currently in a middle-management to senior-management position within an organisation.
- Enjoy coaching and inspiring others to reach their career potential.
- Increased profile within the ACAA community & network (both as an individual and for your organization) across all ACAA’s channels;
- Opportunity to improve coaching skills beyond an organisational context;
- Valuable skill additions to your resume;
- Raise your organisation’s profile in the Australia-China community;
- Opportunity to network with other mentors (online chat groups or offline learning sessions);
- Opportunity to identify new talent for your organisation;
- Deeper involvement with the Australian-China alumni community through VIP functions;
- Support corporate social responsibility agendas;
- Give back to the Australia- China alumni community.
Being a mentor can be beneficial to your personal profile but is also a challenging task that requires commitment at a certain and sustained level. To become an ACAA mentor, you should be:
- Willing to help your mentee/s without asking for anything in return; the only reward is helping them grow and overcome some of their challenges;
- Willing to assist 1 or 2 Mentees;
- Able to provide contact time with each mentee of at least 1 hour per month;
- Able to decide (together with your mentee(s)) if your meetings are face-to-face or not. This program can also be effectively handled over WeChat, over Skype or via the phone;
- Able to provide a photo. Mentors’ profiles will be promoted through the ACAA network for the round(s) the mentor is involved in; This promotion includes but is not limited to the ACAA website & social media channels. No personal information will be provided without the mentor’s written consent.
- Willing to fill out the evaluation form at the end of Mentor Program and willing to assist with the ACAA’s follow up assessment.
Submit an Application
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please click Mentor Application Form to download the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org after completing it or you can click Become a Mentor to submit an online application.
Thank you for your contribution to the success of the ACAA 2018 Mentor Program!
*If you have any questions, please contact us (email@example.com, WeChat message) and we will endeavour to get back to you within 24 hours.