Mentor applications open all through the year
The Australia China Alumni Association (ACAA) is excited to continue its Mentor Program in 2021.
ACAA Mentor Program was initiated in 2015. The aim is to provide a better level of support for younger Australian alumni in China throughout their various stages of career development and to build a stronger Australia-China community. Our Mentor Program enables mentee participants to develop professionally and personally, by growing their skils and self-awareness - all with the on-gong support of a senior industry professional.
This year, we have made a change on the mentor program from the individual mentoring to mentor talk. We will hold an online Mentor Talk every month and conduct offline Mentor Talk in various cities in both China and Australia every two or three months.
Mentoring is a UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY.
There are a number of benefits with engaging in a Mentor Program, it is not training or a social activity, it is a unique opportunity that takes a Mentee out of their day-to-day activities to plan for the future and strategise how their career goals can be achieved.
To be a Mentor, you must:
- Be an Australian university alumni.
- Be experienced in your chosen field, and currently in a middle-management to senior-management position within an organisation.
- Enjoy coaching and inspiring others to reach their career potential.
- Increased profile within the ACAA community & network (both as an individual and for your organization) across all ACAA’s channels;
- Opportunity to improve coaching skills beyond an organisational context;
- Valuable skill additions to your resume;
- Raise your organisation’s profile in the Australia-China community;
- Opportunity to network with other mentors (online chat groups or offline learning sessions);
- Opportunity to identify new talent for your organisation;
- Deeper involvement with the Australian-China alumni community through VIP functions;
- Support corporate social responsibility agendas;
- Give back to the Australia- China alumni community.
Being a mentor can be beneficial to your personal profile but is also a challenging task that requires commitment at a certain and sustained level. To become an ACAA mentor, you should be:
Willing to be a mentor in ACAA Mentor Talk session either online or offline;
- Willing to help your mentee/s without asking for anything in return; the only reward is helping them grow and overcome some of their challenges;
- Able to provide contact time to answer mentees' questions at least 1 hour per month;
Submit an Application
- A completed Mentor Application Form;
- A professional photo. *
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile.
*Mentors’ profiles will be promoted through the ACAA network for the round(s) the mentor is involved in; This promotion includes but is not limited to the ACAA website & social media channels. No personal information will be provided without the mentor’s written consent.
Thank you for your contribution to the success of the ACAA 2021 Mentor Program!
*If you have any questions, please contact us (email@example.com) and we will endeavour to get back to you within 24 hours.